Personal Information we collect
Canadian privacy legislation defines “Personal Information” broadly as information about an identifiable individual or as information that allows an individual to be identified. For the purposes of this policy, Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual as defined in applicable privacy legislation. Generally speaking, Personal Information does not include what is considered business contact information: your name, title or position, business address, telephone number, facsimile number, or email address. The type of Personal Information that Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. may collect about you includes your name, home address, telephone number, personal email address, billing and account information, information about a client's legal issue and other information incidental to providing legal advice and services (including Personal Information about witnesses, family members, beneficiaries, directors, officers, employees, adverse parties, parties-in-interest, investigators, decision makers, experts, other professional advisors, and our clients' business partners, investors, shareholders, competitors and customers who are individuals).
Reasons for collection of your Personal Information
In general, Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. collects, uses, and discloses Personal Information about our clients and service providers in order to provide our clients with professional legal services. More specifically, we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to establish and manage client relationships, provide legal advice, perform legal services, fulfill legal duties, and avoid conflicts of interest. This may include the sharing of Personal Information by and between Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. personnel and affiliated companies and partnerships for such purposes;
- to share Personal Information to and from third parties for the purpose of providing legal services. Such third parties may include opposing parties; parties-in-interest; opposing, foreign and other counsel and advisors; witnesses; decision-makers; experts;
- to consider whether Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. should establish a commercial relationship with clients, suppliers and other third parties, including to evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information;
- to establish and maintain commercial relationships with clients, suppliers and other third parties, including to issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments, and to fulfill contractual obligations;
- to understand and respond to client, supplier and other third party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc.'s products and services;
- to market, sell or otherwise provide products and services of third parties with whom Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. has a commercial relationship;
- to distribute newsletters, conference information and other material to individuals on our mail and e-mail lists, including via third party consultants, mailing houses and e-mail service providers;
- to develop and manage our knowledge-management systems and databases;
- to develop and manage Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc.'s business and operations;
- to detect and protect Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. policies and contractual obligations;
- to engage in business transactions involving Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc.;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
From time to time, Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. may disclose your Personal Information to:
- service providers or consultants, including an organization or individual retained by Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, document management and office services;
- an organization or individual retained by Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. to evaluate your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account;
- a financial institution, on a confidential basis and solely in connection with the assignment of a right to receive payment, the provision of security or other financing arrangements; or
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc., is providing or seeking the information as your agent;
- to our insurers and to regulatory agencies such as provincial law societies, insurers or others in connection with regulatory or other activities relating to the obligations of Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. and its practice of the profession of law;
- any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Storage and protection of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc., located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
To help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. employs administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your Personal Information. Where Personal Information is sent to a third party for processing we ensure, through our contracts with them, that all Personal Information is kept secure. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems.
Obtaining access to your Personal Information
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to our Chief Privacy Officer whose contact information is listed below.
Privacy and our Website
In order to provide our website visitors with a service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit Personal Information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, ordering, reviewing or downloading a publication, participating in a seminar or other event, and participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store Personal Information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about the services of Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional emails from Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc..
Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. Visitors are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc., and Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc. has no responsibility for such third party websites or any information posted on those sites.
Chief Privacy Officer
Dynamic Fuel Systems Inc.
Chief Privacy Officer